Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Unite 5 reflection

This Unite was about how mutations in the DNA can be harmful and harmless. Mutations can cause changes in the DNA like deletion, substitution, and insertion. Some changes can have from no effect at all to super and dangerous changes. My Strengths in this unit was being able to transcribe and translate mutated DNA. My weakness was writing done the exact same DNA code but with one little change to it. I was very successful in seeing and writing down what had change and if it cause any major changes. What set me back was wondering if the mutation would lead to a deceases or not.
 During the experiments that we have had I've learned that mutations can cause great changes and sometimes little changes, it all depends on where the mutation takes place. I also have learned how to easily translate and transcribe DNA in to an amino acid. The best thing I have learned is the many different kinds of mutations that can effect the DNA. I what to learn more about the different kinds of mutation and see if there is any other kinds of mutations out there. One of my unanswered questions is "Can you stop a mutation and if so how?". I wounder if one of these mutations can give you super powers

No comments:

Post a Comment